Wednesday, July 04, 2007

finger on the pulse

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM BST

Yesterday I spent most of the day hitting my F5 key, waiting for Man Booker to announce their long-list for this year.

Early evening I was rewarded with a list of the 19 books the panel had chosen.

I then began to filter through the list, reading up on each book, and deciding which titles I would read. [If stamina and money allowed I would aim to read them all, but at this point in my life I have neither in sufficient quantity.]

I have chosen 9 that I will aim to read in the time between now and the prize award ceremony (October 10th 2006).

I then proceeded to track down where I would obtain my 9 chosen titles. 4 have been ordered from tried and trusted online suppliers, and a further 4 have been reserved from my local library, for collection when they become available. 1 remains elusive at this time.

At this point I am waiting for the first book to arrive so my reading can commence.

No comments: