Tuesday, August 07, 2007

at last








After a frustrating afternoon of refreshing and waiting for the Booker judges to announce the longlist here it is -
  • Nicola Barker - Darkmans
  • Edward Docx - Self Help
  • Tan Twan Eng - The Gift Of Rain
  • Anne Enright - The Gathering
  • Mohsin Hamid - The Reluctant Fundamentalist
  • Peter Ho Davies - The Welsh Girl
  • Lloyd Jones - Mister Pip
  • Nikita Lalwani - Gifted
  • Ian McEwan - On Chesil Beach
  • Catherine O'Flynn - What Was Lost
  • Michael Redhill - Consolation
  • Indra Sinha - Animal's People
  • A. N. Wilson - Winnie & Wolf

This year, with the help from the scaled down longlist, I aim to read all 13 books in time for the prize winner announcement. To avoid any dangers of reading the blurb and deciding I don't fancy any particular book I have placed orders online for all the books having read nothing about them. I am now quite worried about what I may have let myself in for. I have ordered the books from various sources in the hope that at least a few titles will arrive quite quickly so I can begin my reading (although Winnie & Wolf is not yet published!). Further thoughts on the list tomorrow!

No comments: